Old Rivarossi E626 and B&O Locomotive spare parts

Regole del forum
Rivarossi-Memory.it
"E' il link del bellissimo sito dedicato alla storia della vecchia Rivarossi.
Già da tempo in contatto con loro, abbiamo insieme deciso di creare una sezione del forum dedicata al loro sito.
Naturalmente per prima cosa, per chi non l'avesse ancora fatto, vi consiglio di andare a visitare il sito http://www.rivarossi-memory.it e di studiarlo per bene visto che contiene buona parte della storia del fermodellismo Italiano per poi venire qui e parlarne con noi e con loro!
Vi aspettiamo numerosi!!!
Lo staff di ferramatori.it e di rivarossi-memory.it"

Re: Old Rivarossi E626 and B&O Locomotive spare parts

Messaggioda Talgo49 » 18 set 2009, 16:47

Good morning Howard,

For your search of spare parts you could try and contact an Italian gentleman who uses to have a stand with a lot of rare Rivarossi spares at the most known modeling fairs. His name is Mr. Buttiglieri and his website is "www.lacasadelmodellismo.com". Furthermore keep an eye on e-Bay, lately there was an American selling many interesting Rivarossi spares.
Concerning the Rivarossi museum, please do not be too upset if some postings on this subject may sound a little too "excited"; I am sure that there is absolutely no intention to create a case against Hornby, it is only too enthusiasm and the sorrow for having lost the possibility to see those old models.

Best regards
Gianni
Through the Rockies, not around them
Talgo49

Moderatore Globale

Messaggioda Liviolino » 18 set 2009, 17:07

Non è che puoi tradurre il tuo testo sopradescritto anche per quelli che non conoscono la lingua inglese?
Sarebbe molto elegante nei loro confronti
Liviolino

Messaggioda Nukem001 » 21 set 2009, 22:35

Thank You Giorgio and Liviolino for your help and comments. I am sorry I connot wrie in the Itallian language so I apologise if things I write sometimes seem ill mannered and clumsy. Shall we just blame it on translation difficulties !!

I shall attempt to place my requirements more explicitly on the section Liviolino has suggested.

Regards your English friend Howard

By the way I did see the E626 motor truck and I was watching the Ebay daily, I was prepared to place a bid, however the seller contacted me and advised that he did not think the motor would run very well.
Nukem001

Messaggioda Nukem001 » 21 ott 2009, 0:58

Gianni,

I have eMailed Mr. Buttiglieri as you suggested but have not received any response. I think its a lost cause now, it is clear that the parts I require are very rare. I have also looked on the American eBay site for Rivarossi items and their were some connecting rods which may have been acceptable, however I could not get the seller to respond to my request to measure the hole centres. As I mentioned in an earlier memo, I did try and use some parts from a later version of the B&O locomotive unfortunately the hole pitch is different by approximately 2mm. Larger clearances are required on the earlier B&O locomotive connecting rods, to accommodate the spur gear tolerences, otherwise the the motion just seizes up, resulting in Irreparable damage to the motor. Anyway I shall wait and see if someone contacts me.

Thanks again for your help

Best Regards Howard

Gianni,

Mi hanno inviato il signor Buttiglieri come lei ha suggerito, ma non hanno ricevuto alcuna risposta. Credo che proprio una causa persa ora, è chiaro che le parti richiedono sono molto rare. Ho esaminato anche sul sito eBay americano per gli elementi Rivarossi e loro sono stati alcuni bielle che possono essere state accettabile, tuttavia non potevo ottenere il venditore per rispondere alla mia richiesta di misurare il foro centri. Come ho già detto in una nota precedente, ha fatto cercare di utilizzare alcune parti da una versione successiva del B & O locomotiva purtroppo è diversa da circa 2 mm. oltre l'intonazione foro nulla osta è necessarie le precedenti B & O locomotive bielle, per accogliere il tolerences sperone attrezzi, altrimenti la proposta Acciuffa appena, risultanti in Irreparable danni al motore. Mi farò comunque attendere e vedere se qualcuno mi contatti.

Grazie ancora per il vostro aiuto Best Regards Howard
Nukem001

Precedente

Torna a Rivarossi - Memory